This morning's riddle: What word becomes shorter by adding two letters? Answer: "short"
We wrote in journals, finished our grammar (learning object pronouns), wrote a movement description, and cut out new spelling words. A lot done! Reading was S.I.R. Make sure those book reports are getting done.
READING HOMEWORK: 60-70 MINUTES AND BRING IN YOUR SIGNED READING LOGS.
MATH HOMEWORK IS EXERCISES 1-4. Parents, we are starting an extensive decimal unit. If you pay allowances or talk about money for the next little while, please refer to "two tenths of a dollar" rather than twenty cents, "three dollars and 5 tenths" rather than $3.50, and "thirty-five hundredths" rather than thirty-five cents. It is very difficult for students to realize that 0.4 is the same as 0.40. We are working on this concept.
After lunch, the whole school synergized and moved the gym floor about 10 feet! Wow! We had foreign language, art/writing, technology, karate/dance, and then for history, we watched a movie about pioneer explorers. In writing, the fifth graders are researching a topic of their choice. They are writing what they know, writing questions about what they want to know, and writing what they find out, so they can present their information using their favorite multiple intelligence. I am impressed with the wide variety of questions being posed. Next Tuesday the fifth graders will go to the Orem Library for further research opportunities.
I just LOVE this class. They are working so hard on their History unit. I LOVE how the company leaders are so concerned about helping the others in their groups. It is fun to direct the learning and watch them teach each other. That is one thing I LOVE about this school!
No comments:
Post a Comment